Jeroen De Dauw
This page is about a library I wrote during my highschool years, between 2008 and 2010. Both the contents of this page and the library it describes have not been updated since.
BN+ Library is a .Net library containing multiple classes, controls and dialogues that can enrich your application in various ways. It's written in vb.net, using .Net framework 4, is designed for WinForms applications and is completely open source and available under the GNU General Public License.
Applications using BN+ Library
3.0.1 - 2010-03-05
- Removed dead code.
- Added change log file to the project.
3.0.0 - 2010-02-15
- Major overhaul of the namespace structure.
- Use of .Net framework 4.0, instead of 2.0.
- Removed a few less decent classes.
- Removed several utility functions, and added some to get assembly information.
- Moved out cryptographic classes and modules (they are now part of the applications needing them).
- Updated the ProgressbarWithPercentage class to the latest available version.
- Minor improvements all over the codebase.
- Made the project publicly available under the GPL on SourceForge.
2.0.3 - 2009-05-21
- Added BugSubmitter: A dialogue that enables user to submit various types of bugs with build in validation. Sends it's info to a webservice.
- Added PasswordDialog: Password editing dialogue with optional authentication and live validation .
- Added SimpleLoginDialog: A simple login dialogue that prompts for a password.
- Added FileDownloader: A class for downloading files in the background that supports info about their progress, the total progress, cancellation, pausing, and resuming. The downloads will run on a separate thread so you don't have to worry about multihreading yourself.
- Refactored CryptoProvider: Now allows you to pass more advanced settings for AES and offers easier to use methods for RSA, DES and TrippleDES.
- Refactored CryptoStr: Has been rewritten to work with the new CryptoProvider and is now easier to use.
- Refactored Updater: A bug in the version compare algorithm has been fixed.
- Refactored BruteForceAttacker: New version included.
- Various bug fixes and other improvements.
2.0.2 - 2009-02-26
- A variety of bug fixed and new features, including an alpha of BruteForceHashAttacker.
2.0.1 - 2008-11-30
- Revised the assembly structure (The FW is now a lot more modular, and there is no need to include everything in your application).
- Added Classes.Cryptography namespace in Bn.Core assembly with powerful CryptoStr and CyrptoProvider classes.
- Revised MathConverter class.
- Small bug fixes in Time and Clock classes.
2.0.0 - 2008-10-29
- Tons of new functionality.
- Refactoring: Improved naming conventions.
- Refactoring: Increased efficiency of several algorithms.
1.2.0 - 2008-09-19
- Restructured the namespaces (the components can now be found in Bn.Components).
- Added Control ControlPanel to the FW.
- Fixed some bugs concerning the accessors in the declarations of events in a few of the older classes.
1.1.0 - 2008-09-16
- Upgraded several classes, including DynStr and MathConverter.
- Added classes Time and Clock.
- Included the XML documentation file.
1.0.0 - 2008-08-30
- Initial public release.